Having Difficult Conversations
Having difficult conversations with employees is something that we know managers are more likely to avoid if they lack the skills and confidence to address as the issues occur.
Many workplace issues arise from a lack of communication at the workplace. In many instances, such issues can be resolved quickly and informally before they escalate to a dispute that requires third party intervention. An effective manager knows how to recognise a workplace issue that needs to be addressed and has the skills and confidence to have that difficult conversation before the issue escalates.
If you have noticed an increase in disputes/complaints within your organisation and/or you feel that your management team or yourself are lacking the skills to recognise and address issues before they escalate, then it’s time to consider our Having Difficult Conversations workshop.
This course focuses on what a difficult conversation is, why we avoid them and what the consequences are. You will prepare and plan through the 4 stages of having a difficult conversation and building on skills through reflection and practice throughout the day to maintain harmonious working relationships after conducting a difficult conversation.
This course would suit managers and team leaders seeking to improve their communication skills as well as prepare for a difficult conversation and the techniques required to do this effectively.
- Recognise and manage difficult behaviours to achieve a positive outcome
- Prepare and plan for a difficult conversation
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively during a difficult conversation
- Applying active listening and questioning skills to achieve agreement and commitment
- Learn how to deal with high emotions during difficult conversations
- Maintaining harmonious working relationships after conducting a difficult conversation
Course format inclusive of group activities, practical exercises, discussion and skills practice
Duration: 1 day.
Customised In-House Training
Do you want us to deliver training in-house?
This course can be delivered in-house for up to 20 people per session.
For more information contact us