There are legal and duty of care requirements for employers and management to take all reasonable steps to eliminate discrimination, bullying, harassment and violence in the workplace. Managers, team leaders and supervisors have a responsibility to ensure that relevant legislation and company policies and procedures are both understood and abided by to deter and prevent inappropriate workplace behaviours.
This course provides up-to-date knowledge regarding legal and duty of care obligations, including the Fair Work Amendment Act 2012 anti-bullying measures. It examines how to identify and address bullying, harassment and looks at prevention tools to ensure the organisation maintains appropriate workplace behaviours that align with your company culture.
The course is suitable for human resource practitioners, managers and SME business owners looking to broaden their knowledge and skills regarding workplace bullying and harassment.
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Understand why the perceptions of individuals can differ
- Understand legislative compliance requirements associated with preventing and addressing bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Understand the business case for the prevention of bullying and harassment
- Identify types and examples of inappropriate workplace behaviours
- Identify resolution options
- Respond to any instances of inappropriate workplace behaviour that may occur
Course format is inclusive of facilitator-led discussion, individual and group activities, skills practice, templates and resources.
Duration: 1 day
Contact us today for more information