Managing Unconscious Bias
Bias is a tendency to believe that some people and ideas are better than others and it wreaks havoc in the workplace. Even those with the best intentions behave in biased ways, and simply have no idea they are doing it. It results in a less than diverse representation in the boardroom, limits job opportunities and ultimately prevents organisations from the true growth and cultural benefits of a diverse workforce. While it’s easy to identify and limit bias when it’s overt, that’s not always the case—in fact, bias can often be completely unconscious.
This course examines unconscious and conscious bias and the role it plays in the workplace and will assist individuals and the organisation to effectively build a diverse and inclusive business.
The purpose of the course is to raise awareness of both conscious and unconscious bias and its impact on decision making in the workplace. It will support change and improve diversity outcomes that contribute to the productivity and performance of an organisation.
The course is suitable for all staff, including managers and team leaders.
Following the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the link between diversity and inclusion and business benefits
- Develop an appreciation of the nature and prevalence of bias
- Be familiar with frameworks to identify, manage and reduce bias
- Understand how bias impacts workplace decision making
- Identify ways in which HR interventions can manage and reduce likelihood of bias through effective policies and practices
This course is suitable for all staff, including managers and team leaders.
Duration: 3.5 hours
For more information Contact us today