24 July 2019
8.30am to 4.30pm
Westfield Chermside shopping centre
Gympie Road, Chermside
Managers are unlikely to make it through their working lives without needing to have a difficult conversation with an employee. There are many reasons why a difficult conversation might be necessary, from discussing a leave request or pay rise, managing interpersonal conflict within your team or dealing with more serious employee grievances.
When workplace issues are left unresolved or handled poorly they can cause considerable harm to staff morale, workplace culture and productivity, resulting in absenteeism and higher employee turnover.
This practical and interactive full day workshop will equip leaders with the skills and confidence to recognise, plan and manage difficult conversations. You will also have the opportunity to practice using constructive feedback techniques which will assist in achieving more positive outcomes for all involved.
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify and understand what effective feedback looks like, why people avoid it, and strategies you can use in crucial conversations.
- Recognise when management action in the form of a challenging conversation needs to occur.
- Identify the most effective ways to deal with high emotions.
- Identify legal risks of avoidance or mismanagement of addressing certain behaviours in the workplace.
- Prepare for and deliver feedback in a structured, clear, concise and timely manner.
- Use questioning and listening skills to achieve a positive outcome
You will take part in practical tasks and role plays (don’t run!) for a more hands on and interactice workshop. Our aim is for you as a leader to walk away feeling confident and empowered to have challenging conversations with the goal of a positive outcome for the employee, your team and your organisation
Is this course right for you?
This course is ideal if you are a SME owner, an emerging or existing leader, people with direct or indirect reporting lines and people who would like to learn how to provide feedback in a more effective way.
- Comprehensive course notes
- Capped attendee numbers
- Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea
- Internet access
Note: Please advise us when booking if you have any dietary or accessibility requests.
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card – Visa/MasterCard (processing fee applies)
- Direct Deposit (EFT) – Please contact us to arrange
- Purchase Order – If you need to raise an internal purchase order please contact us
Please contact us with any questions or alternative payments to online (e.g. direct deposit, purchase order)